Thursday, August 20, 2026

Top 5 Sources of News and Information

 I list below my top 5 sources where I get my news and information. I have also included a link with each one to their respective websites for you to check out!


1. Associated Press

I would consider The Associated Press as one of my top sources, because I like that it has a focus on straight forward, fact-based reporting. I use Associated Press when I want to understand what is going on without feeling like I am getting too much opinions mixed into the story or get overwhelmed. It covers everything from US and international news to politics, entertainment (personal favorite), and sports, so it is a good starting point when you want to learn the basic facts about a story before forming your own opinion, it helps that its easy to navigate.


2. NPR


NPR is another one of the sources I like because it provides more in-depth reporting and context than just a quick headline and bullet points. I especially like that NPR covers current events while also discussing topics such as culture, science, health, social issues, etc. The podcasts and audio stories they have also make it easy to keep up with the new when I am busy or don't have time/the ability to read and article, like driving. I would recommend NPR to anyone who wants to understand not only what is happening, but why it matters.


3. The New York Times (NYT)

I like using The New York Times often, because it offers a wide range of news and has way more detailed reporting on major stories than most sources. I can find information about politics, business, technology, entertainment, and even lifestyle topics all in one place, I have had a NYT subscription myself for a while. I also like that the articles often provide background information that helps me understand a story beyond just the headline. I would recommend The New York Times because it is useful when I want to get more context on any relevant issue.


4. CNN

CNN is one of my sources when I want to see breaking news and follow a story as it comes along. I like that it provides both written articles and video coverage, which makes it easy to quickly catch up on what is happening. Since CNN has national and international events, it is also a very helpful source for seeing what stories are receiving a lot of attention. I would recommend CNN for people who want quick updates and visual coverage of major current events (the videos help). I personally use CNN the most to catch up on true crime stories as they become bigger.



5. The Wall Street Journal

The Wall Street Journal is one I use when I want information about business, the economy, companies, and financial news. Since I am interested in PR and communications, I think i
t is especially useful to understand what is happening with major companies (like Disney) and how economic events can affect organizations and their audiences. I would recommend The Wall Street Journal because it provides a different outlook from general news outlets and is a good source for understanding the business side of current events.


Thank you, 

Caroline Potocnak

No comments:

Post a Comment